Holiday accommodation Terms and Conditions
Your expectations of Surf Coast Holiday Rentals - A great holiday!
Our expectations – Our home and neighbours are respected!
- Terms and Conditions 16th December -19 November
- Letting Policy: 20th November – 15th December
- Cancellation Policy
- Bond Policy
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is important you thoroughly read, understand and sign as accepted these terms and conditions. We hope you enjoy your stay in the district.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Holiday Rental from 16th Dec to 19th Nov|
|Download Terms and conditions form|
- Check in will commence from 2pm on arrival & conclude at 10am on departure. Additional charges will be levied for late check out and deducted from credit card.
- The maximum number of occupants is not to exceed the agreed number of people when booking for the property. Overloading will render the tenant liable to termination of the booking with no refund. In addition to this SCHR will levy $100 per person per night for people residing at the property over the mutually agreed number when booking. You agree in signing this document to this being charged to your pre-ordained credit card or other method sought.
- Should any form of party be held at the property or a gathering or party of more than the accepted number of guests be held at the rented property I the undersigned agree that I am liable for an additional charges for project management fee’s for time used by SCHR to rectify issues caused by the tenant, group or third parties of $200 per hour payable to Surf Coast Holiday Rentals. My credit card can be charged for this amount, be deducted from the bond or any other method sought by Surf Coast Holiday Rentals. Additional costs will be added if/when tenant taken to VCAT to retrieve charges. Damage to the rented property will also be added to this amount. An invoice and log of time will be supplied including date & time of works actioned.
- Tenants agree to allow SCHR staff member or his/her nominee to enter the rented premises to carry out any necessary repairs should the need arise.
- No smoking at any time inside any of Surf Coast Holiday Rentals properties. A $250 reinstatement fee will be applied to any property found to have been smoked in. This will be charged to your credit card.
- Lost keys must be reported to our staff members & paid for immediately. Lost keys are levied at a cost of $40.00 per key for key replacement.
- Any damage not reported or found on inspection for the rental will be charged to the pre ordained credit card details, deducted from bond or tenant will be taken to VCAT and additional costs for attendance will be claimed.
- Tenants are required to supply their own linen for the duration of the tenancy or use the linen service prior to arrival. Additional charges will be passed on for laundering mattress’s, protectors or pillows if this is required.
- Strictly no dogs (or other pets) under any circumstances inside any house for any reason. Pets found to have been inside a house will render the tenant liable for a $250 charge for contractor to commercially clean the inside of the property.. Yard areas to be cleaned up of excrement otherwise additional charges will apply. Damage caused by an animal to property or yard will also attract charges to repair/replace.
- Premises must be left clean and tidy otherwise an additional cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card. All rubbish must be removed and disposed. BBQ is to be left clean otherwise an additional charge of $100 will be applied.
- Furniture or household effects are not to be removed from the premises and all must be left in the same position at all times.
- Occupation of premises which SCHR staff has reason to believe is causing a nuisance to neighbours or place the property owner in a situation of loss will be terminated immediately with no refund given. Any malicious damage or behaviour will be reported to police immediately. The fees in “clause’s 2&3” will be applied for this serious breach.
- Keys can be collected from our office after 2.00pm or by close of business on day of arrival. This is mostly 5pm. Please contact our office for alternative arrangements if required. An after hours call out fee applies.
- Keys must be returned to the Agent’s office immediately on vacating the property. Late check out fee of 50% of the nightly rate applies and will be charged to your credit card.
- No responsibility is taken for tenants personal property left on the premises. A $50 Search Fee will be applied if SCHR staff asked to located items left behind.
- Bookings only confirmed upon full payment. Deposit & final payment must be received by the due dates. Cancellation conditions apply. . See Cancellation Policy for further details. Utilities accounts for short term lease’s to be paid in full on or prior to check out.
- All bookings are for the dates shown on the receipt only. We reserve the right to cancel any booking should the need arise. The booking is made in good faith by the staff member, but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. We will not accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside our control. (Every endeavour will be made to offer a suitable alternative if this occurs)
- Our staff will describe the premises and location to the best of their ability and in good faith, no responsibility or refunds for alleged mis-description will be accepted unless SCHR has made the error in writing. I agree that I have chosen the property with or without viewing the property prior to or after booking to booking first hand and are responsible for my own choice.
- Any cash bond held by Surf Coast Holiday Rentals for rental will be deducted/refunded within 14 days by way of cheque to the person who initially booked the property and to their nominated postal address.
|LETTING POLICY: 20th November – 15th December|
This Letting Policy is effective for all Holiday Rentals in the period specified. All applicants will be assessed subject to the letting criteria contained herein.
Surf Coast Holiday Rental Conditions - 20th November till 15th December
- Security deposit to be lodged with SCHR for $1000 via bank cheque/money order/ for the tenancy period.
- In addition to the above, minimum two unconditional guarantors for the property must be lodged with SCHR for the property booked that are parents of a minimum of two tenants.
- Management fee of $200 per week or part thereof of stay to be paid directly to SCHR. $50 Booking & $50 Misc Fee applies.
- No refund for cancelled or terminated bookings.
- * Only registered tenants permitted after 9pm any night onto the property. If any persons other than registered tenants are invited on the property then the total bond of $1000 will be forfeited. Also tenants will be evicted on the spot if damage is found.
- * No illicit drugs to be brought onto the property or persons under the influence of same to be allowed onto the property. If found, Police will be notified as well as both guarantors
- * Under age drinking not permitted on the property. If found, Police will be contacted as well as both guarantors.
- * Neighbours of the rented property will be advised of the tenancy and asked to contact SCHR reporting any alleged disturbance. If, on attendance by SCHR the claim by neighbours is substantiated, then a $100 call out fee will be deducted from bond monies held.
- *No parties or gatherings of people who are unregistered tenants after 9pm. Penalties and eviction applies. See above “5”.
- * Noise/music at all times of the day to be kept to acceptable levels.
* Important Note: The management of SCHR reserve their right to terminate the tenancy immediately if any of the above conditions listed above, as well as any unforseen circumstance that may cause a loss to the Property Owner of the property, SCHR, SCHR employees or the general public. No refund available for cancelled or terminated booking/s. SCHR respects the privacy of all their clients. All private information retained by SCHR will only be used for the purpose of client holiday booking. No information will be on-sold to any third party for advertising or database usage.
Download the Application form to be complete for all rentals between 20th Nov till 15th Dec. Download Application Form
For more information see our Schoolies page. Click Here
Before you book a property, please ensure that you made all necessary enquiries and are certain of the booking made.
If for any reason a booking is cancelled the deposit as well as any further payments are forfeited.
No changes or alterations are allowed once a property is booked.
- Security Bond to be lodged with SCHR and will be held until end of the tenancy.
- Inspection will be completed at 10am on day of check out and a written report issued.
- Bond refund will be sent via mail to the person who booked the property within 14 days. Refunds by cheque only.
For further information please contact either our Torquay office (03) 5261 6661.