Helpful Hints for Home Owners
Preparation of Property
Please ensure that your property is well prepared for your Holiday Tenants. Tenants will be expect premises to be clean and tidy and all appliances to work properly.
Attention must be paid to the following:
- House to be thoroughly cleaned ie: stoves, refrigerators, bathrooms, cupboards, windows - wardrobes, cupboards & fridges to be empty & clean. (Service provided See below)
- Lawns mowed and garden beds weeded.
- All personal belongings and valuable items removed.
- All appliances to be in working order.
- Cleaning kit to be provided - Dishwashing detergent, oven cleaner, general cleaner Jiff, disinfectant, sponges, Jex etc. - and left in full view.
- Garbage bags to be provided.
- Supply wood for heating (as required for wood heaters).
- Contact Telstra/Optus in regard to telephone requirements - we suggest local calls only.
- Insurance - House and Contents - we suggest that your Insurance Company be contacted and advised you are holiday renting and are aware of your property being tenanted.
- Supply two (2) sets of keys (if not already supplied) as we need to inspect all properties prior to tenant arrivals.
Please direct any specific questions or concerns about
renting your property to our office on 03 5261 6661.
Property Preparation for letting
Owner advice & precautions.
Personal and valuable items must be removed from property. All wardrobes, cupboards, drawers, shelves, refrigerators and freezers to be emptied and thoroughly cleaned. Tenants supply their own linen or it will be provided by a contractor at the tenants cost.
The following is to be provided by Property Owners - all items to be clean, fresh & dust free.
|Bedrooms||Mattresses, pillows & protectors. 2 blankets or doona per bed (coat hangersappreciated).|
|Lounge||Lounge suite, chairs/bean bags - equivalent seating to bedding. Coloured television (video appreciated), coffee table.|
|Dining/Meals||Table and chairs, bench stools - equivalent seating to bedding.|
|Kitchen||Oven, hot plates, refrigerator.
Crockery, cutlery, glassware, mugs - at least equivalent to bedding.
Kitchen knives - carving & vegetable.
Electric kettle or jug, teapot, electric toaster.
Frypan, saucepans, baking dishes, cake tins trays.
Casserole dishes, salad bowls & mixing bowls.
Canisters, plastic containers, jugs, colander, grater, chopping boards, salt/pepper shakers, sugar bowls, ice cube trays, vegie peeler, tongs, masher, ladle, beater, tin/bottle opener, strainer, scissors, salad servers. place mats, coasters, pot holders.
|Laundry||Washing machine, basket, pegs, clothes horse.
Vacuum cleaner, mop & bucket, brush & pan, iron & board.
|Toilet||Toilet brush & holder.|
|External||Shire wheelie bin & recycle container, garden
BBQ & outdoor furniture
|Heating||Heating is essential and must be working - wood must be provided if applicable.|
|Appliances||All must be in good working order - please provide pamphlets if available|
Cleaners can be supplied for each Property.
Cleaning costs as follows:
|1 Bedroom House||$88.00|
|2 Bedroom House||$98.00|
|3 Bedroom House||$120.00|
|4 Bedroom House||$148.00|
|5 Bedroom House||$160.00|
|6 Bedroom House||$180.00|
- Cleaning costs are fixed to the size of the property
- Mandatory Kitchen, Laundry & Bathroom starter pack additional $7
This amount will be deducted from the monies held in your account.
If you will be cleaning the property and removing
rubbish yourself, please indicate on the enclosed form.
Our office may be contacted on 03 5261 6661 if you have any questions.
Surf Coast Holiday Rentals.